Monday, October 24, 2005

SA AIRPORT PA LANG

By way of introduction, I am a sister of an OFW in Dubai who had been sponsored a visit visa by my brother to visit him there. Excited about the trip, checked-in at the NAIA on my scheduled flight, that’s May 14, 2005, CX 900 which was to depart later than scheduled which is from 12:30 to 2:55pm.
On that day, after checking in, I proceeded to immigration only to be denied a boarding stamp for the simple reason that I need to present a notarized affidavit of support from my brother. I was told that it has to be authenticated / notarized to ensure the validity of his signature which I countered that this can be seen in his passport copy. But the immigration officer was vehement in denying my boarding telling me to present the REQUIRED DOCUMENT.
I called my brother and he told me it’s not needed and that some of his friends there who had relatives here were permitted boarding with the same documents I had - a valid visa, valid passport, round trip ticket which is I believe are enough to let me exercise my right to travel. But the immigration officer was insistent on asking for the affidavit of support which I learned and upon checking when I went home that it is not a requirement.
I want to file an administrative charge against this woman, I have not gotten her name but should I be shown pictures of the immigration officers that time, about 1:00 pm, I would be able to pinpoint her. This is an abuse of authority. I have evidences to prove that the affidavit of support is not a requirement as my brother went to the Phil consulate following that event and he was told that it’s no longer a requirement.
Should there also be other similar cases encountered, i enjoined you to present your case so we can fight against this anomalies at the airport immigration. It was disheartening and disappointing to have to be offloaded because of certain immigration officers who abuse their authority.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im not wonder ricky even in my self i was deny too with the immigration in NAIA, and i am upset everytime i remember this,. i have my German Boyfriend and he work in Sri Lanka,he invite me to visit him, he send me a round trip ticket, letter invitation with the original signature, valid passport and valid Visa, actually this is not only my first time i travel in Sri Lanka at that moment is 2nd time actually, my first time in Sri Lanka was October 2005, and 2nd time was last January 2006.and that time is my first bad experience with the immigration she deny my document, i ask what is the problem she told me that i was already in sri lanka 3 months ago, and i am leaving again back there, i told her that there is no problem with that as long i have my legal document, but she ask me have a fax letter from my boyfriend at that moment i dont have enough time to process a fax from my bf or else i missed my flight, so i ask some security in the information looking for the good person can help me to get in coz i dont want to missed my flight, but badly in the information near at the place where is the travel tax payment one guy wearing a uniform as i know he is the one of staff in the airport i am not sure what his job there but as i can remeber he is connected with the immigration, he ask me actually what is my problem i told him that the immigration deny me, and then he said if that happen immigration need some "PADULAS" i know what he mean i told him i dont have any money here but he said that i cant help you, so what i supposed to do? i told him i have only 1000 peso but he said its not work because immigaration low price is 5000 peso. can you imagine that? i hate it to remember this and same like you i want fight with this immigration, i have no choice i need to give my only 100$ to this man just to let me in to immigration, from a distance i saw him he talk one of the lady staff of immigration,and its amizing hows money work! he get me in with out go in the line or with out any ask question from the immigration staff now i know what is the reason why this immgration try to deny some Filipino. they need money and i hate this people! i been left philippines and back but the experience im incountered i will never for get and i am so upset,.and i am worry again i am leaving tomorrow going to Sri Lanka again, my departure time is around 2:pm from Manila to bangkok and from bangkok to Colombo. i hope this immigration will not harass me again same before or will give me any reason again why she deny me, i was left last month also to Beijing China so far i dont have any problem that time.in immigration because im not in NAIA i was in Centential (PAL). so lucky that time i traveled with out worry,. im not sure this time i hope that i will leave tomorrow with out any harm from the NAIA immigration.. only i can say is the NAIA immigration officer is discusting, and i wish that one of them will be punish, i can still remember this lady who deny my documents from the right side diplomat she is on the 3rd place wearing an eye glass, and i can pinpoint her .lets file a charges for this woman and fight our right to travel.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home